Skip to main content

DIY WAX PAPER TRANSFERING!!

   This great idea was found at www.unexpectedelegance.com .  A very cool idea that could be used on many different things and ways.  Good luck and may creativity strike you!



Wax Paper Transfer Tutorial

I have been playing around with a lot of mediums lately, one being iron on transfers. I had bought some the other day, but they are pretty expensive if you only make one item per sheet. So I thought I would try an alternative. The only thing I had around was wax paper, so I gave it a try and it worked GREAT!
I am betting that I’m not the first person to try this, but if you have never tried it, here are a few things I took away from trial and error.
I used an old wooden pizza peel, wax paper, an inkjet printer and a credit card.
I found that if you wet the wood a little, it would make the transfer darker. Just make sure it’s not too wet, then the ink will run (a happy balance).
Cut the wax paper to the size of printer paper.
I used a graphic from The Graphics Fairy…she has the BEST blog!! Check it out for some really great stuff!
You will need to reverse the image. Most computers have the program “Paint.” If you aren’t sure just do a search for it in your start bar. Open the picture you want to flip, then go to “Image” in the top bar. There is a drop-down option for “Flip/Rotate.” That should reverse the image for you.
Put the wax paper in the printer and make sure it’s under the rollers, but not too far in. If you put it on top of printer paper, you can use the paper as a guide on how far the wax paper needs to be in the printer.
Stand close to the printer and help guide the wax paper out. OH, and make sure there are no wrinkles!! It can cause the wax paper to get jammed.
You will have to work quickly, but once you set the wax paper down you CAN NOT move it.
Try to line up the paper then gently lay it on the surface you want to transfer it to. Holding the wax paper firmly down, use a credit card to gently scrap the surface.
Then carefully remove the paper. It will still have ink, so be careful not to drag it.
Here are the two sides of the board, the first one is without getting the board wet and the second one is damp. You can see that the second is much darker but the paper moves easily so it smeared a little. It all depends on the look you want.
This project takes about 10 minutes and is super cheap. I think I will be using this A LOT. It works on fabric too, but the thread has to be really tight for the best results.
Hopefully, I have taught you something you didn’t know! ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VANILLA PEACH COFFEE CAKE!!

Did you know that the fruit this summer is supposed to be the best it has been in years? Apparently, fruit loves hot weather. I personally have eaten more peaches and cherries this summer than I have in about five years just for that reason.  As I have been a little overzealous lately buying peaches and cherries I found myself with a few peaches that were going to be too ripe for me to eat on the same day. That is unless I wanted to have them for every meal plus a few snacks. So I decided to make this recipe for Vanilla Peach Coffee Cake.  Vanilla Peach Coffee Cake Adapted from  Allrecipes.com Batter: 2 eggs 1 C milk 1/2 C oil 1 tsp. vanilla 1/2 C  sour cream 3 C flour 1 C sugar 1 tsp. baking powder 1/2 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. baking soda Topping: 5 or 6 large peaches, diced. 3 Tbsp. butter, melted 11/4 C brown sugar 1Tbsp. cinnamon 2 tsp. nutmeg 4 Tbsp. flour Vanilla Icing: 1 Tbsp. butter 1 tsp

PRESENT TOPIARY TO DECORATE YOUR PORCH AND FRONT DOOR!

   This comes from www.thatvillagehouse.blogspot.com .  I made something similar a couple years ago, without the pots.  It was about 6 feet high.  I got the inspiration from a Chirstmas dectoration that we bought at Target. This is a very good idea and make a great enterance to your home.  So here's a little something to thing about for next year.  Before you know it December will be here again.  You could also do something like this for an Easter theme.   Enjoy! A Merry Welcome! So here is my first Christmas project for the year!! I saw something similar at our church's Advent celebration & pretty much straight up copied it. I couldn't help it. It was love at first sight! I plan to make a 2nd stack to go on the other side of my door, so I'm not completely done, but I thought I would share it with you anyway. I started with 3 different sized boxes...9, 12 & 14 inch cubes. I used an ice pick to punch holes in each of them so that I could run

SAPPORO SNOW FESTIVAL FROM JAPAN!!!

     The Sapporo Snow Festival is a famous festival held annually in Sapporo, Japan, over 7 days in February.  Currently, Odori Park, Susukino, and Tsudome are the main sites of the festival.  The 2011 Yuki-matsuri dates are February 7th to the 13th.    The festival is one of Japan's largest and most distinctive winter events.  In 2007, about 2 million people visited Sapporo to see the hundreds of snow statues and ice sculptures at the Odori Park and Suskino sites, in central Sapporo, and the Satoland site.  The festival is thought to be an opportunity for promoting international relations. The International Snow Sculpture Contest has been held at the Odori Park sit since 1974, and teams from various regions of the world participate.      The subject of the statues varies and often features as event, famous building or person from the previous yer.  For example, in 2004, there were statues of Hideki Matsui, the famous baseball player who at that time pl